Expectations of staff
We at Padiham St Leonard’s CE VA Primary School aim to create a community which aspires to high levels of both intellectual and emotional intelligence. Staff model this for pupils through a view of education as a life-long pursuit of knowledge and skills, alongside relationships modelled on the emotional intelligence of Christ.
We view high levels of emotional intelligence as crucial to our mission and hold Jesus up as our exemplar. It is therefore a central part of our mission that staff display key competencies of:
- Social awareness
- Relationship management
This will be evident to children through:
- Comments staff make (to each other, to pupils and to other members of the school community) which build each other up as we are instructed in Thessalonians:
‘So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.’ 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- Actions of staff which demonstrate how each member of the community is of equal, yet infinite, worth; in the same way that Jesus valued all members of the community be they leaders in the synagogue, lepers, Samaritans, men or women.
‘So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.’ Genesis 1:27
- A commitment to a positive ‘can do’ attitude, alongside detailed planning which responds to individual needs.
‘Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord.’ Colossians 3:23
- Model a healthy, active lifestyle.
‘Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him; for God’s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.’ 1 Corinthians 3:16-17
- Words and actions which reflect our School Values: Compassion, Courage, Forgiveness, Friendship, Generosity, Justice, Perseverance, Respect, Service, Thankfulness, Trust and Truthfulness.
‘Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us.’ Titus 2:7-8
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help others:
‘For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.’ Mark 10:45